Fall Soups to Make at Home
There is a quote that says, “Happiness is hot soup on a cold day,” and when the season’s change and fall begins, soups probably start reappearing on your menu. They are warm. They are hearty. They are delicious.
And, most often, soups are quite easy to make. Often they involve only one pot (or a slow cooker or Instant Pot), and you might even have all of the ingredients you need in your refrigerator and pantry. Of course, there are so many different soup recipes out there you could easily make a different one every night of the week – and here are a few to get you started.
- Herby French Shallot Soup: If you love French onion soup, you will definitely love this Herby French Shallot soup. Wine, shallots, onions, and fresh thyme and sage make this dish extremely flavorful. And gruyère and blue cheese atop the bread – delicious!
- Tortellini Soup with Sausage: If you are looking for a one-pot supper, then look no further. This soup has it all! Meat, pasta, vegetables, and beans – making it very hearty! Perfect for a cool fall night. Serve it with a slice of your favorite bread just to soak up all of the yummy broth!
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Pie Crust Crackers: This soup is super easy to make as it uses several shortcuts to save you time. Rotisserie chicken, frozen shredded hash browns, and store-bought pie crust will definitely save you some time in the kitchen, but won’t compromise the flavor one bit.
- New England Clam Chowder: There’s something extremely satisfying about a big bowl of New England clam chowder. It could be the clams, bacon, and potatoes – or maybe it’s all of the heavy cream. Definitely not light on calories but heavy on flavor!
- Creamy Roasted Mushroom Soup: Roasting the cremini mushrooms makes all the difference when you make this creamy mushroom soup. That extra step adds a wealth of flavor and when combined with garlic, onions, thyme, white wine, and heavy cream…you’ll want a second bowl for sure!
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup: Pumpkin soup seems to garnish all the attention in the fall, but this butternut squash soup is equally delicious. The apples add a hint of sweetness, and the color is gorgeous when you’re finished. This soup is a perfect starter at your next dinner party!
- Beer Cheese Soup: Does your favorite pub serve a beer cheese soup that you just love? Then you should try making this recipe at home! Grab your favorite wheat beer and make a big pot of this satisfying soup!
- The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup: Broccoli and cheese go together like peanut butter and jelly, and this soup is so tasty that you’ll probably make several batches this fall. It takes a little bit of time to put together – so you may want to make this one on the weekend!
- Ultra-Satisfying Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup: Everyone should have a good chicken noodle soup recipe – and if you don’t – you do now. This one is full of all the flavors and ingredients you expect in a chicken noodle soup, but don’t wait until you’re under the weather to make it. It’s delicious anytime!
- Lasagna Soup: Love all the flavors of lasagna, but not the time it takes to put one together? Then this soup will satisfy your craving and save you some work. Serve it with a salad and some garlic bread, and you have a complete dinner.
What soups do you make in the fall? Do you have a favorite? Are you going to give one of these a try? If you try one let us know what you think!