Cozy Fall Bedding
Fall and winter are the seasons of all things cozy. Warm sweaters start to take over your everyday wardrobe. Comforting foods begin to make their way back into your meal plans. Even the way you decorate your home changes to bring you a sense of coziness.
And while you may be thinking of ways to make your living room more cozy for fall, don’t forget about your bedroom. One way you can easily make your bedroom feel like fall is to change out your bedding. It’s a reasonably inexpensive switch, and here are some ideas to help you make it happen.
- Change Out Your Sheets: During the spring and summer months, you may have used linen, lightweight cotton, or even silk or satin sheets to keep you cool. Now that fall is here, you may want to switch to flannel, fleece, or microfiber in order to keep you warm and, hopefully, help you sleep on a cold autumn night.
- Change Your Blanket : Warm summer months don’t require a heavy blanket in order to stay warm. A lightweight blanket or even just the top sheet may be sufficient. But when fall rolls around, you probably want a heavier blanket for sleeping. Fleece, wool, or even an electric blanket are all good options when it comes to staying warm.
- And, while a weighted blanket serves several purposes, it will also go a long way to help you stay warm at night. Be sure to check on what weight is appropriate for you before purchasing.
- Add a Fluffy Comforter: Fall is the perfect time to add a nice, big, fluffy comforter to your bed. It will not only look cozy but work to keep you warm at night.
- Add a Warm Throw Blanket: If you’re the type of person who is sometimes hot and sometimes cold, you may not want to add layers and layers of warm bedding. Instead, put a warm throw blanket on your bed that you can grab in the night should you need it.
If you want to increase the overall look of coziness in your room, be sure to add lots of throw pillows to your bed. You can find pillow covers in fabrics and colors that will work well for fall. Additionally, you may want to change out the light bulbs in your lamps to a lower wattage so that it’s not so bright in your bedroom. Lastly, a warm rug for you to step on in the morning is a nice touch.
Making your bedroom a cozy retreat for fall is a project that can be done quite quickly and without spending a large sum of money. A few simple changes can have you sleeping warmly and comfortably in your gorgeous bedroom.