Desserts for Your Memorial Day BBQ
While Memorial Day is a solemn holiday meant for remembering military personnel who have died while serving our country, it’s also become the unofficial kickoff to summer.
And the long weekend is often the start of grilling and barbecuing, along with picnics and spending time outdoors. If you’ll be grilling and chilling with your family, you might want to end the meal with something sweet. Here are some delicious desserts that will allow you to do just that!
- Banana Pudding: This Southern classic is creamy and delicious – and very easy to make. It has only eight ingredients, and you can make it in a trifle bowl – which makes it really pretty, too!
- Mini Pavlovas with Lemon and Blueberries: Would you like to serve individual desserts? Then try this recipe for Mini Pavlovas with Lemon and Blueberries. With a tangy lemon curd and fresh blueberries, this is a light and refreshing dessert.
- Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches: If you want to make everyone happy, then make some Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches. This recipe is from Broma Bakery and has you making their tasty chocolate chip cookies, sandwiching in some vanilla ice cream, and then rolling the edges in chocolate chips. YUM!
- Strawberry Cream Puffs: When strawberries are in season, there may be no better fruit on earth. And when they are fresh, it’s time to make Strawberry Cream Puffs! If you’ve never made your own choux pastry puffs, you’ll find them surprisingly easy – and the strawberry cream is fantastic!
- S’mores Bars: Perhaps you’re not going to have a campfire for Memorial Day, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have some s’mores. With these bars, you can have s’mores all year long. They have all the flavor you expect in s’mores, but no fire needed.
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie: If you want to kick your apple pie recipe up a notch or two, then it’s time to make this Salted Caramel Apple Pie. And yes, this recipe has you making a homemade pie crust, but nobody will know if you pick up some refrigerated dough at the supermarket.
- Butterscotch Blondies: If you always seem to make brownies for dessert, then these Butterscotch Blondies will make for a great change. And you could always turn them into a blondie sundae with your favorite ice cream and some butterscotch or caramel sauce.
- Peanut Butter Brownies: Here’s a true brownie recipe that’s been kicked up with the addition of peanut butter. They’re seriously decadent with a chocolate ganache! Chocolate and peanut butter lovers will be in heaven.
- No Bake Peach Cheesecake: Who doesn’t love a good no-bake dessert? This No-Bake Peach Cheesecake looks stunning, tastes amazing, and does not require the use of your oven. That’s a WIN!
- Healthy Strawberry Popsicles: Popsicles are a summertime treat, so if Memorial Day is the official kickoff to summer – then you should make some popsicles. And you’ll feel good about making these as they are extremely healthy and only have three ingredients! (If you don’t have popsicle molds, your local dollar store probably does!)
- Chocolate Ooey Gooey Cake: Do you believe that if you’re going to have dessert that it must be chocolate? This Chocolate Ooey Gooey Cake uses a boxed cake mix as the base, and it’s the chocolate dessert of your dreams.
- Tartlets with Lemon Curd and Whipped Cream: This bite-sized dessert can be the light and bright ending to your Memorial Day picnic. This homemade lemon curd is tart, and you can always garnish these with some fresh fruit or mint.
It’s time to start planning your Memorial Day menu – and you certainly shouldn’t forget the dessert! Make one of these to finish your day on a sweet note.