Cool Recipes for Hot Days
Summer days can be long and hot. And after a busy day of work and wrangling children, probably the last thing you want to do is turn on your stove or oven and cook dinner. But you’ve got to eat! There’s no getting around it.
Takeout is always an option. But if you’re tired of takeout – you can make a great tasting dinner that requires minimal use of the kitchen appliances and provides you with a delicious meal that is cool and refreshing on a humid summer night.
- Super Easy Spicy Tomato Gazpacho: If you don’t think you’re a fan of gazpacho, it may be time to give it another try. This Super Easy Spicy Tomato Gazpacho has lots of texture and tons of flavor from all of the fresh ingredients. And the spice from a serrano or jalapeno pepper adds just the right amount of kick. Not a fan of spice? Just leave out the pepper.
- Chilled Corn Soup with Basil Oil: Sweet corn may be one of the summer’s most anticipated vegetables. This soup retains all of the flavors of sweet corn and becomes rich and creamy due to the starches in the corn itself. You’ll notice there aren’t too many ingredients, and the drizzle of basil oil just makes the flavor pop!
- Taco Pasta Salad: Tacos are usually served hot, but what about trying this Taco Pasta Salad – which is served cold? You’ll have all of the flavors you love from tacos, but you can easily prepare this on a Sunday and have it throughout the week as it keeps well in your refrigerator.
- BLT Pasta Salad: Another great pasta salad is this BLT Pasta Salad. You can use this as a side dish or as a main dish, and be sure to check out the tips that are shared – in case you don’t like onion or a mayonnaise-based salad dressing.
- Chinese Chicken Salad: This salad is extremely popular as it has everything you need for a meal. With chicken, lots of fresh vegetables, and a sesame vinaigrette, you’ll love all of the flavors when combined. And it’s a fantastic dish to meal prep – just put your dressing on right before serving.
- Shrimp Salad: Want to eat like you’re on vacation – even if you’re not? This Shrimp Salad is the answer! It’s incredibly fresh and light and can be served a couple of different ways depending on your mood – as a salad, as a sandwich, or just straight out of the bowl!
- Mixed Berry Salad with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Vinegar: People sometimes don’t think to add fruits in with their greens when they’re making a salad, but it’s a delicious combination. The fruit always adds a hint of sweetness. And this salad also has some tang from the goat cheese. Some grilled chicken (cold) would be a great addition, too.
- Chopped Antipasto Salad: Looking to bring a bit of Italian flair to your salad? This Chopped Antipasto Salad with quinoa and all the things you love about a good Italian antipasto (like salami, provolone, and capers) is fantastic! If you put your dressing on as you go, it should last throughout the week.
- Salmon Poke Bowl: Do you love a good poke bowl? Then you should learn to make them at home because it’s not that difficult. This salmon one has great ingredients that you can easily customize to match your tastes.
- Cold Spicy Peanut Sesame Noodles: Cold Spicy Peanut Sesame Noodles are addicting! Lots of amazing Asian flavors packed into a dish in an unexpected way, and you can add some teriyaki chicken or grilled salmon to round out your meal.
Don’t let hot summer days keep you from enjoying a great dinner when you get home. Just keep it cool with these recipes!