Must Haves for the New Baby in an Apartment
Having children is one of life’s greatest joys. Your family is growing, and you love where you live. You don’t have to move to accommodate your growing family. Find the supplies that you need to give your baby everything you need without taking up tons of space.
- Folding Bassinet: The folding bassinet is a life saver in tight situations. It’s compact, easy to set up, and easy to travel with. You’ll be able to put your baby down for a nap wherever you are and have peace of mind. Your little one will be slightly elevated and secured in a position on their back to avoid SIDS. This design has a washable pad, it’s able to swing with a push, and has a vibration mode to soothe your baby to sleep.
- White Noise Machine: In an apartment, your neighbors are nearby. To keep your baby sound asleep, block out other noises that could wake them with a noise machine. You can find some that have nature sounds, or you can go with a machine that is strictly white noise.
- Changing Table/Chest of Drawers: To maximize space, use furniture that serves multiple purposes. You can purchase a changing table that has a dresser attached, or you can convert your existing dresser into a changing table by purchasing a topper pad. Have a nearby station for your diapers, lotions, wipes, and powder to keep your baby fresh. You need to have all of your supplies nearby so that you don’t have to leave the baby on the table.
- Bathtub Toy Basket: Your little one is going to want to have bath time toys. To keep things tidy, have a basket or bag that fits in the bathroom to contain all of the toys. Don’t go overboard with buying bath toys. Your child can only play with one at a time. Give them options to keep them entertained, but limit the toys to about 4-5 to prevent toys overrunning your bathroom.
- Playmat: Your baby will need space on the floor for tummy time. It’s a way for them to get exercise and learn how to move. Find a baby playmat that can be washed, folded and stored up when it’s not in use. This mat also includes a folding mobile that has several hanging animals to stimulate your child.
- 2-in-1 Feeding Tray: Save space by buying baby supplies that doubles as multiple tools. This chair will last your child from infancy to toddler years. It’s a feeding chair for young babies, and a booster seat for toddlers. Your child can sit in any chair and be at the table as the rest of the family eats. It’s also easy to relocate and travel with, so that your baby can easily eat anywhere.
Having more isn’t always better; it’s just more. Give your baby everything they need to have a happy childhood. Yes, they need extra supplies, but you can find exactly what you need to fit the space you’re in. Your new baby will feel right at home the first time they arrive in the apartment.