Packing Your Lunch Is the Way to Go!
Who doesn’t love going out to lunch? It’s fun and can provide a nice midday break from work. But there are some good reasons to pack your lunch, too! Want to learn some fantastic reasons to pack your lunch and a few recipes to inspire you to do so? Then read on!
- Reduce Food Waste: Packing your lunch is a great way to reduce food waste. You can control what goes into your lunch, so you’re less likely to throw away leftovers. Additionally, you can always pack leftovers in your lunch from dinner the night before. And, by packing your own lunch, you can avoid buying pre-packaged meals that often come with a lot of packaging waste. So next time you’re planning your daily menu, consider packing a lunch instead of eating out.
- Save Money: Packing your lunch is a great way to save money. Think about how much money you spend when grabbing lunch at a cafe or restaurant – and then multiply that by five days per week. Instead of buying lunch every day, you can pack a healthy and delicious meal from home. This will definitely save you money in the long run!
- Save Time: You may only have a certain amount of time for lunch, and when you go out to lunch, you spend time driving to and from the restaurant and then waiting for your order. When you pack your lunch, you get to spend more time enjoying this break from work.
- Control Over Your Food Choices: By packing your lunch instead of buying it, you have much more control over what you’re eating. You can choose foods that are lower in calories, fat, and sugar, and you can also control the portion sizes. When you’re packing your own lunch, you can also incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet. It’s easier to eat healthy when you pack your lunch because you can choose exactly what goes into it.
Now, how about some delicious and nutritious recipes that you can pack in your lunch?
- Mediterranean Chicken Wraps: Are you tired of packing sandwiches? Then how about trying this Mediterranean Chicken Wrap? It’s packed with lots of vegetables, grilled chicken, hummus, and tzatziki – and it’s delicious!
- Healthy Taco Salad in a Jar: All the flavors you love in a taco salad – just done a bit healthier – and packed conveniently in a jar to keep everything fresh! Be sure to grab a few jars and make several of these salads to last you throughout the week.
- Italian Quinoa Salad: So many tasty flavors in this salad – and it can easily be customized to match your personal preferences! Plus, if you’re looking to supplement with additional protein (the quinoa already provides about 8 grams/serving), you can add tuna, chicken, or some leftover steak or salmon.
- Red Lentil Soup with Saffron: Looking for a soup that will warm you up and satisfy those midday hunger pains? This Red Lentil Soup with Saffron is the answer. It’s super hearty and full of flavor – and your co-workers will probably wonder what you’re eating!
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad: Chicken wings are fantastic – but they are definitely not the healthiest meal around! This salad gives you the flavor you love from wings, but in a much healthier version! And it is so yummy that it can be eaten alone or put on your favorite bread or pita to enjoy!
Packing your lunch has so many benefits – from saving money to eating healthier! And when you start to really think about what you’re packing each day – you’ll enjoy lunchtime even more! Why not try packing your lunch this week and giving one of these new recipes a try?