How to Make Dark Chocolate Coffee Energy Bites
Calling all coffee lovers and chocoholics: be prepared to get your hands on a recipe that’s not only deliciously mouth-watering, but energizing, too. Dark chocolate coffee energy bites are the snack that not only satisfies that sweet, chocolate craving, but that gives you a mid-afternoon boost as well. Not only are they tasty and give you more energy, but they’re also surprisingly easy to make! Here’s everything you need to know to make your own dark chocolate coffee energy bites.
Ingredients: (servings: 12 bites)
- 15 Medjool dates (pitted and soaked in water for 10 minutes)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup lightly salted almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee (favorite coffee of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until there is a dough-like consistency.
- By hand, make twelve 1-inch bites.
- Place bites in the refrigerator to chill.
- Indulge (the best part of the recipe)
Now you’re energy-equipped and ready to tackle that mid-afternoon slump! Anytime you’re lacking in energy during the day and need a delicious caffeine fix, just take a bite. Plus, give your body the nutrients that it craves with these energy-boosting snacks that taste great, too. The nutritious ingredients in these energy bites are scientifically proven to be healthy for you. The cocoa powder lowers high blood pressure and increases brain performance, while medjool dates are loaded up with fiber, minerals, and vitamins. Chia seeds contain powerful antioxidants, and are filled with calcium and Omega-3’s. And coffee… well, we all know why coffee is so amazing.
So there you have it: the best energy bites out there.
Don’t forget to bring some of these dark chocolate coffee energy bites with you to work, and help your colleagues out by offering some for them to enjoy as well! Before you know it, they’ll be asking you for the recipe.