Heading to the Beach? Don’t Forget These Things!
The beach is a great place to relax and have some fun in the sun. But before you can enjoy yourself, you need to pack the right things!
Of course, you don’t want to under-pack or overpack, so here’s a list of items that you should definitely bring with you to the beach. From sunscreen and flip-flops to towels and snacks, we will cover it all! Let’s get ready to pack your bags and head out for some summer fun!
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen is an absolute must when spending any amount of time outdoors. Make sure to choose a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, and reapply it every few hours for optimal protection. If you are going to be swimming or sweating, look for a waterproof sunscreen that will stay on even when you get wet.
- Flip-flops: Another essential item for your beach bag is a good pair of flip-flops. Not only will they protect your feet from hot sand and pavement, but they are also great for walking around in the water. (If you plan on doing any hiking or exploring while you’re at the beach, make sure to pack a pair of comfortable sneakers as well.)
- Towels: Of course, you’ll also need some towels to dry off with after a dip in the ocean. But don’t just pack any old towel – choose one that is quick-drying and super absorbent. A microfiber towel is a great option, as it will dry you off quickly and won’t take up too much space in your bag. Good Housekeeping has some great recommendations if you need some new beach towels.
- Beach Umbrella: Bring a beach umbrella with you. This will provide some much-needed shade, especially if you are fair-skinned. You can get one that attaches to your chair or find a shade structure that can cover a larger area. (On those super hot days, you’re going to want some relief from the sun!)
- Chairs: Collapsible chairs for the beach are great because they are lightweight and easy to carry. If you don’t have a chair, a large towel or blanket will work in a pinch.
- Change: Throw some spare change for the meter in your car or beach bag. You don’t want to get stuck without enough money to pay for parking!
- Baby Powder: Baby powder? Yes, baby powder! It works amazingly well to get the sand off your feet before you go home.
- Hat and Cover-Up: Consider packing a hat and light cover-up for when you’re not in the water or if you have a tendency to burn no matter how much sunscreen you put on.
- First Aid Kit: A first aid kit, just in case.
- Toys for the Kids: Some toys for the kids, if you’re traveling with them. Sand toys, balls, and frisbees are always fun!
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are a must! Not only will they protect your eyes from the sun, but they will also help you see better when you’re out in the water. Choose a pair that is comfortable and won’t slip off your face when you get wet.
- A Change of Clothes: Pack a change of clothes if you’re planning on going out to dinner or doing something else after the beach.
- Snacks and Drinks: Last but not least, don’t forget to pack some snacks and drinks. After all, beach days can be pretty long, and you’re going to need some energy to keep up with all the fun! Pack some easy-to-eat snacks like granola bars or fruit, and don’t forget to bring plenty of water (or other beverages) to stay hydrated.
Now that you know what to pack for the beach, all that’s left to do is enjoy yourself! So go ahead and put your toes in the sand, take a dip in the water, and relax under the sun. And don’t forget to apply sunscreen!