Get Your Home Ready for Overnight Guests
Are you expecting guests in the near future? Whether it’s for a holiday or just to spend a weekend, you’ll want your home to be looking its best. Do you need a checklist to make sure you’ve got it all covered before your guests arrive? Then read this! From decluttering to stocking the kitchen, we have you covered!
- Declutter: The first step in getting your home ready for guests is to declutter. This means getting rid of any items that you no longer use or need. Not only will this free up space in your home, but it will also make it look more organized and tidy. If you’re not sure where to start, try focusing on one room at a time. Once you’ve decluttered, it’s time to start deep cleaning.
- Deep clean: Deep cleaning involves cleaning those areas of your home that you typically don’t focus on regularly. This includes things like dusting baseboards, scrubbing windowsills, and vacuuming under furniture. Taking the time to do a deep clean before guests arrive will ensure that your home is looking its best.
- Clean the main areas: No time to deep clean? Then hit the main areas. These include the bathrooms, kitchens, and living areas. In the bathroom, make sure to clean the toilet, sink, and floors. In the kitchen, focus on wiping down counters and appliances. And in the living area, tidy up any clutter and vacuum the floors.
- Make a nice bed: This includes putting fresh sheets on the bed and plumping up the pillows. You may also want to consider adding a throw blanket or two to make it extra cozy.
- Put a fan in their room: Not sure if your guests run hot or cold? Put a fan in their room. This will help circulate the air and make them more comfortable during their stay.
- Put out some towels and toiletries: Your guests will appreciate having towels and toiletries available to them during their stay. You may also want to provide other items such as a hairdryer, iron, and laundry detergent.
- Clear some space for suitcases and clothes: If your guests are staying for an extended period of time, they will need somewhere to put their suitcases and clothes. Clearing out some space in a closet or dresser will give them a place to store their belongings during their stay.
- Write down your Wi-Fi password: Your guests will need your Wi-Fi password in order to connect to the internet during their stay. Putting it in a visible location, such as on a chalkboard or whiteboard, will make it easy for them to find.
- Grab some of their favorite foods and drinks: If you know your guests’ favorite foods and beverages, be sure to have them on hand during their stay. This will make them feel right at home.
- Plan your meals: If you’re hosting guests for a weekend or longer, you’ll need to plan your meals. Planning ahead will help to ensure that you have everything you need on hand and that your guests are well-fed during their stay.
- Give them a welcome gift: A welcome gift is a nice way to show your guests that you’re glad they’re here. It doesn’t have to be anything big or expensive, just something thoughtful that will make them feel welcomed.
- Show them around the kitchen: If your guests are staying for a few days, be sure to show them around the kitchen. This will help them feel more comfortable in your home and make it easier for them to find things they need.
These are just a few of the many things you can do to get your home ready for guests. By taking the time to prepare, you can ensure that your guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.