Create a Room You Love With These Easy Steps
Do you ever feel like your home just isn’t quite right? That it doesn’t feel like “you?” Many people feel this way, and the reason is often that their home isn’t designed in a way that suits them. Let’s discuss how to create a room you love – no matter what your style! Get ready to create the home of your dreams!
- Take a look at your current space: Reflect on your current space and think about what you like most about it. Are there any features that stand out to you? Do they make the room feel more inviting or cozy? Then write down a list of things that you don’t like when looking around your space, determining which things could be removed/improved with little effort (e.g., removing clutter) so they don’t distract from the things you love.
- Declutter: Decluttering is a great way to create space in an otherwise cramped area. It can also help you focus on what really matters most: creating an environment where there are few distractions and plenty of room for relaxation, productivity, or even fun!
- Consider how often things around your home will get used before making any changes. You don’t want to throw something away if it is still occasionally needed. Instead, try finding another place in your home where you can store it (such as under the bed).
- If you have items that you no longer need or use, then consider donating them to local charities. This is a great way to cut down on things going to the landfill.
- Start thinking about your design: Once you have decluttered the room of unnecessary items, it’s time to start thinking about the design. What style do you want to go for? Do you prefer a modern or traditional look? The easiest way to decide this is by looking at your list from before and finding common themes. If most of your favorite features are more on the modern side, then a modern design may be right for you.
- If you’re having trouble deciding on a style, don’t worry – there are plenty of resources out there that can help! Magazines, websites, and even Pinterest boards are great places to find inspiration for any type of design. Check out all of the images and choose what you love most!
- Find a place for everything: The next step is making sure everything has its place. Play around with the furniture placement to find what works best. (You can also try some of the many online room designers which can recreate your space, so you’re not moving furniture back and forth to find what works.) And make sure the items you decided not to “declutter” all have a home.
- Accessorize: After furniture placement, it is time to start thinking about accessories! Choose items that make you happy and fit with your new aesthetic. Accessorize with items that reflect your personal style; this can be anything from framed photos of loved ones to houseplants and art.
- Don’t overlook your lighting: Don’t forget about lighting! Lighting can make or break a space – so be sure to choose fixtures that fit both your needs and aesthetic desires. A well-lit room feels warm and inviting while also helping you to complete tasks more easily.
- Consider an area rug: Last but not least, don’t forget about the floor! Adding a rug can help define the space while also adding some personality and comfort underfoot. Rugs come in all shapes and sizes, so be sure to choose one that fits well with the room’s overall design.
Designing a space that fits your needs and your style is not impossible – it just takes some patience. Use these tips to help you tackle the task – and soon, your home will be a true reflection of you.